Hiring a tax pro will save you time and money
No one relishes the thought of preparing their own tax return each year. While there are lots of DIY software and apps to choose from, they may not be enough if you’ve experienced significant changes to your tax scenario this year, or if the thought of preparing your own taxes makes you break out in a sweat. You may also benefit from a tax prep pro if:
- You’re just not good with numbers.
- You’re busy and short on time
- You started a freelance business or freelance side gig
- You got married, had a child, or divorced during the tax year
- You bought your first home
- You’re dealing with student loan interest
The bad news? You’ll need to pay to have your taxes done, but the good news is that you’ll save money in the long run. Here’s why:
- Your tax prep pro will file an accurate return on your behalf. You won’t need to worry about making a mistake on your return
- He or she will be familiar with the deductions available to you, from the standard deduction all the way to complex itemized personal and business deductions. This can save you money in the long run as each deduction will lower your overall tax liability.
- He or she understands IRS language and U.S tax codes as they apply to you. That alone would be reason enough if the thought of perusing the IRS website for tax information gives you a headache.
- He or she has the time to explain tax matters to you in a way that you’ll understand. Most people get confused by the difference between a tax credit and a tax deduction. Your tax pro knows the difference and will be happy to explain it to you.
- They interpret tax codes for a living so you won’t have to.
Finding a Qualified Tax Prep Pro
Asking for personal recommendations from friends and neighbors is a start. Google and Yelp are also excellent tools. If you’re in the Orange County, CA area, give us a call at (888) 224-3004. We can help you find someone in the local area that you can trust with your tax matters.
If you’re facing big changes this year such as marriage, birth or adoption of a child, or any other key life change, your tax scenario will change as well. Hiring a pro to do your taxes takes the burden off you, so you can go about your normal routine.
You’ll get an accurate return in exchange, along with explanations of any tax matter that is important to you. A tax prep pro is your partner in preparing an accurate and timely return every year, saving you time and money in the long run.